- To raise $10,000 to add the desks and chairs to each classroom, the muscle to the bones of the only woman-led, indigenous-led school in all of Latin America. It is a powerful model for communities all around the world. Already, leaders from everywhere have visited the school to see how this small town created something that weaves culture and education to transform lives out of poverty.
- The new school building opens on January 8th. Nearly 150 students will walk through the front door. How wonderful would it be if we could fully equip all ten classes with desks, chairs, chalkboards, shelving, and water filtration units? I know we can do this. Please forward this email to someone who you think might be interested in helping!
- $500 provides English lessons for one girl for one year; critical for her for employment
- $250 provides family support in the form of home visits by a mentor to help the family overcome challenges and support their daughter to stay in school
- $100 provides vocal empowerment training for twelve weeks for one girl to give her the skills to find her voice
- Now, 100% of your donation goes directly to the girls and their teachers, because of the generosity of a donor who insisted on covering the administrative costs of running an organization
When I finally learned to say things like “I do not agree with this,” “My opinion is,” and “If you gave me the opportunity to prove what I am capable of,” my life changed completely. Then, through my voice, I got scholarships to continue my studies. I spoke up for raises where I worked. I denounced acts of corruption.
I became a leader.”